Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, October 28, 2013

POPE FRANCIS TO EX-STUDENTS OF JESUITS IN URUGUAY: “PRAY FOR ME AND MY COLLABORATORS, THERE IS MUCH WORK TO BE DONE”


Vatican City, 26 October 2013 (VIS) – Today in the Sala di Papi of the Vatican Apostolic Palace, Pope Francis met with and briefly addressed a group of ex-students of the Jesuits of Uruguay.

Thank you again for your visit and your greetings. You bring so many memories to me! The only thing that surprises me is that no-one has brought any 'mate'! Did no-one have the courage? The Uruguayan streak is missing – when your president came, he brought 'mate'! Thank you, truly.

I see there are many young people: this is a promise and a hope. It brings to mind many memories linked to the companions who organised this visit, and many other good things.

I do not know when a visit to your country will be planned, but it certainly will not be before 2016. One thing is sure: if I visit Argentina, I must also visit Chile and Uruguay, all three together. So, we will meet again there.

I thank you again and ask a favour of you: pray for me. People here are very good, my companions are good and everyone works together, but there is much work to be done and it is difficult to keep up. Pray for me, and for my collaborators, so that we can carry on. Many thanks!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service