Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, June 11, 2007

APPEAL FOR THE RELEASE OF ALL KIDNAP VICTIMS

VATICAN CITY, JUN 10, 2007 (VIS) - After praying the Angelus today with thousands of people gathered in St. Peter's Square, the Pope made an appeal for the release of kidnap victims all over the world, Catholic priests among them, making particular reference to the "painful" example of Colombia.

  "Unfortunately," he said, "I often receive requests to intervene in favor of people, among them Catholic priests, who have been kidnapped for different reasons and in various parts of the world.

  "I carry them all in my heart, and I remember them all in my prayers thinking, among the others, of the painful case of Colombia. I appeal to the perpetrators of such deplorable acts to realize the evil they have done and immediately to restore prisoners to their loved ones."

  "I entrust the victims to the maternal protection of Mary Most Holy, mother of all mankind."
ANG/LIBERATION KIDNAP VICTIMS/...            VIS 20070611 (160)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service